Wednesday, July 29, 2009

BLOG / A prayer from a two-year-old.

I hope everyone continues to be healthy, wealthy and wise. Thanks a bunch to those of you who have read The Seventh Ritual; more than anything, I’m thrilled that you continue talking to me and that our friendship remains in tact. Whew! This had worried me mucho. Again, this book ain’t nothin’ like my novels that are intended for teens.


###


Yesterday, this review was posted on amazon.com:


5.0 out of 5 stars. Not for the faint of heart... July 28, 2009 by Led “Zepplin”


“First let me say, this book is for ADULTS ONLY. This is the true story of a man who suffered horrendous abuses at the hands of those he trusted the most. In this brutally honest novel, you will feel the horror of a small child who survived unimaginable cruelty during Satanic rituals. The author sugar coats nothing and bravely writes with graphic language and detail. However, he also shows his witty sense of humor, something he no doubt had to develop in order to deal with the gruesome abuse he suffered as a child. In the end this novel is a tale of triumph. The main character rises above victimhood and finds that divine quality, forgiveness.”


###


For those of you that may not know, the TSR cover copy reads:


The Seventh Ritual: a race for survival, a novel for adults based on a true story, is a remarkable journey through fear, grit, discovery, forgiveness and triumph... with a few laughs in between.


"You must discover the cause of your unhappiness by the end of this year...or you will not live to see the next." Disgusted and disbelieving, 34-year old Paul Jacobson dismisses what he's told by a Greenwich Village psychic. Only days later, while running in the New York City Marathon, Paul's mind positions him back to a past he's never known. This journey begins the race for his life.


###


Recently, I’d read in a message that my friend Eva, a fellow writer, had come to a decision as to which voice to use throughout her novel. She called the process difficult. In my opinion, it should be. I’m happy Eva gave this so much thought. To me, voice will always remain a top priority. The Seventh Ritual includes two ongoing plots; one told by 34-year old Paul, the other by 2-year-old Pauly. In a previous blog, I’d posted an excerpt told in the voice of adult Paul. Now, it’s Pauly’s turn. If he could speak with words, as a sort of prayer to God, I believe this is what he’d have to say:


(The Seventh Ritual / MILE SIX excerpt)


“Dear Maker, Billy Graham from his television show calls you that. Is that Your nickname, by the way?


He said that if people talk to You, stuff gets better. Really? I don’t seem to understand any of this too good. You know what I mean? After all, I’m just a baby, and I’m not the smartest person on earth by a long shot. Pretty soon Mommy’s going to get off the phone, so I gotta hurry. But, I want to tell You for sure, ‘Please take care of Fluffy.’ Sometimes she never had too much to eat, and sometimes she ran out of fresh water from our drainage ditch. But, Maker, even though we were mostly strangers, I loved Fluffy a whole bunch.


I want her to know this. Can You please tell her. I know You’re like me and You don’t need to speak any of the languages that people talk. You just do it without knowing the words. By the way, kitties do it the same, in case You didn’t know that already. And, like the kitties in the park told me, they don’t have names neither. They’re all unanimous. You know, without being called nothing, just like the bad guys on Dragnet.


Anyway, Fluffy’s not a bad guy. She’s the one that went up above last night. Just so You can keep track. Please love her and take care of her. And, more than anything else in this whole wide world, please tell Fluffy that she’ll never be forgotten by me. And, one more thing, please tell her that someday I’m going to make up for this. Someday, I’m going to make this whole thing right. I’m going to turn it all around. They may be my mommy and daddy, but someday. Just You wait and see.


So, for now, bye, Fluffy. I love you a bunch. The same goes for You too, Maker. I’m sure I’d like You if I knew You better. Amen, Pauly.”


###


Stay well, be happy and enjoy your summer. Until next time… Clint


Clint Adams : No Time For Fear

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Seventh Ritual, a race for survival

My Watch Doesn't Tell Time

Don't Be Afraid of Heaven

Fear Ain't All That

Just Say Mikey